Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Zoot Scoot



This has really been a month of firsts for me.
The first time I have negelected my blog, the first time I went to an Indian wedding (post to follow) the first time Dan bought a scooter, the first time I rode on the back of a scooter and the first time Dan and I rode a scooter together... AND all of this took place on the streets of Delhi.

Dan decided it was time to get a little bit of independence from the auto drivers and bought himself a scooter, which I dubbed the Zoot Scoot.
Now, a scooter in Cape Town is cool, but a 6 foot 2 working man in Delhi is usually seen in the back of a black 4x4 reading the paper. Not dodging lunatic drivers on a scooter. Then you add a blonde girl on the back and you have a freak show.

But, it is easy and a bucket load of fun. The only thing that I really have to worry about is losing my knee caps to the on coming traffic.


1 comment: