Tuesday, March 22, 2011

How to get Holi out your hair

Once again, I came out of Holi with a hangover and multi coloured hair. This festival would never take off in Europe.

I turned my bathroom into a chemistry lab and tried every cure I could find on the internet.
Here are my findings:
Lemon juice - removes maybe 2% of the colour
Mayonnaise - useless and smelly
Ketchup / tomatoe paste - Kinda works, but I think you would have to repeat the process 10 times to get rid of everything.
Baking Soda - Didn't do anything
Vinegar - Not much difference, but my hair did feel good after.
Baking soda and then add vinegar on top - AMAZING. It took 90% of the colour out my hair. When I added the vinegar, the baking soda literally fizzled and I think this reaction is what sucked out all the green.

Note: This worked for me, but please be careful if you try anything I have suggested as I was fully aware that my hair might all fall out and am kinda thanking my lucky stars at the moment.

4 comments:

  1. like the color dye on your hair! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's STILL a slight tinge of green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tips in this link could help you next year! I posted this on my blog a couple years ago after my pink and green incident! Cheers! Traci

    http://www.womanjunction.com/topic/skincare/cleansing/get-rid-of-holi-colors/

    ReplyDelete