Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Mix colour with a heap of amazing...

DIR 69.

Being on your own in Delhi with nothing to do is the best way to discover new things.

One Wednesday morning, while losing myself in wondering around, I noticed a small display cabinet at the bottom of a tiny staircase. What had caught my eye was one of the most unique, exciting, outrageous handbags that had ever caught my eye.
My heart skipped a beat.
Trying to control the pace of my breathing I walked up the staircase and entered an explosion of perfectly matched vibrant patterns and colour. I knew I was in trouble.

Every bag and piece of clothing looked like something I imagine coming out of Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland. Amazing, beautiful, wild.
I tried on everything that fit me.

Tanu, (the owner and designer) puts together material, patterns and colour in a way that is truly cool, and when putting on one of her garments, you feel like you are meeting a new friend - a friend who is going to show you that you’ve never really had fun before right now.

If you love colour and personality in your wardrobe this is the place for you.
If you’re a ‘charcoal is the new black’ kinda gal, you need to visit DIR 69 and get educated.

DIR 69 can be found in Hauz Khas village. If you walk past The Living Room on your right you will almost get to the end of the road and on your left there is a colourful sign and the tiny staircase.





No comments:

Post a Comment