Monday, March 16, 2009

Basic conversation with an auto driver, converterd to Rands

Casey: Namaste Gi

Auto Driver: Namaste

Casey: Defence Colony Market...?

Auto Driver: *undistinguishable head gesture*

Casey: Bhaiyaa Kitna - means how much, but probably not how I pronounce it.

Auto Driver: ?????

Casey: How much?

Auto Driver: Twenty Rand.

Casey: WHAT???!!!??? That's too much. You're trying to rip me off! I'm not a tourist, I live here, I'll give you R10

Auto Driver: No no, R16.

Casey: But it cost me R12 on the way here!!@#%!!!!!

Auto Driver: Ok, ok... R14

Casey: You're crazy, I'll go find someone else. *Looks around at deserted street*

Auto Driver: R14

Casey: *Looks at him suspiciously*

Auto Driver: *Smiles and spits a stream of paan on the pavement*

Casey: Fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment