Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mosquito decoy

I made fake blood for a shoot at work the other day.
After half an hour a mosquito got curious and came to check out the little droplets.
He hung around for about 15 minutes, tasting and checking out my concoction.
I don't know if this shows how tenacious the Indian mosquitoes are or how good I am at making fake blood...
...as long as they're not biting me!

My fake blood mixture consisted of:
Heiz Ketchup - no All Gold in India - boo
Marmite
Red and Blue food colouring
Honey

My Indian mosquito bites thus far: 47 in three months and counting.
I left the office window open for 1 hour as the AC wasn't working and we now have a colony living with us.
I use Peaceful Sleep everyday, but still, they bite me. A colleague reckons the Indian mosquitoes dig my repellent.

2 comments:

  1. 47 in three months is NOTHING. That's not even that impressive for a night out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried the plug in electrical ones? There's King something... Anyway, you can get them at the pharmacies.

    ReplyDelete